The Music Man Project is an accessible music education service for people with learning disabilities offering inspirational opportunities for singing, playing and performing together. These have included large scale events, such as performing at the London Palladium and Royal Albert Hall, as well as more local performances at concerts, care homes and other community events.
The project aims to:
• Provide opportunities for people with learning disabilities to sing, play and perform.
• Promote community for people that are often socially excluded.
• Challenge misconceptions by showing what people with disabilities CAN do.
• Have high aspirations for what can be achieved by everyone involved.
• Offer the same opportunities enjoyed by aspiring mainstream musicians.
• Inspire and encourage a sense of achievement, confidence & self-worth.
• To enjoy making music together and have lots of fun!
Sessions for adults (16+) are available during term time. First session free, £5.00 thereafter.
For more information, please take a look at the Music Man Project
website www.themusicmanproject.com or visit the Music Man Project Kent Facebook page
|Organisation||The Music Man Project|
|Contact name||Sarah Mann|
|Address||50, Green Street, Gillingham, ME7 1XA, United Kingdom|
|Phone||07909 515 439|